Sergei Kourdakov, a former KGB agent and Soviet naval intelligence officer, defected from the USSR at the age of twenty. A year later we met at my Federal Government office in Washington DC. We were watched and followed. “Even you could be spy,” Sergei whispered. My book, A Rose for Sergei, is the true story of our time together.

Monday, December 21, 2015

A Rose for Sergei - A Story That Will "Stay With You"


Ereader News Today is one of the leading eBook promotion sites – they help authors reach millions of new readers.  I was thrilled when I found out that A Rose for Sergei was selected to be featured on ENT on December 18.  Over the weekend many new readers discovered my heartfelt story about Sergei Kourdakov.  On Saturday, A Rose for Sergei climbed to the Amazon US #4 ranking in: Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Europe > Russia.  Of course those numbers change hourly, and in the blink of eye they’re gone…replaced by the next book making its way into readers’ homes.  For this self-published author, seeing that ranking on Amazon was truly an unexpected and wonderful holiday surprise.  I thank all of you who purchased my book, and I hope you enjoy reading A Rose for Sergei.  Sharing my story with someone, and/or writing a review is the best compliment I can receive.

* * *

Thank you, Cookie, for this wonderful “Five-Star” review you posted on Amazon:

“I LOVED this book and read it in two days.  It is a remarkable story about two young people who were in love and how miracles and fate played a part in each of their lives.  Have some kleenex ready at the end.  This story will definitely "stay with you" after you read it.  It's a wonderful story and well-worth reading - I highly recommend it.  I'll be reading Sergei's book, "The Persecutor" next.  Thank you for writing this story, K. Kidd!”
—Cookie


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! I am glad your story is reaching the world and telling everyone about Sergei. Merry Christmas! What a wonderful blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

      Delete