Sergei Kourdakov, a former KGB agent and Soviet naval intelligence officer, defected from the USSR at the age of twenty. A year later we met at my Federal Government office in Washington DC. We were watched and followed. “Even you could be spy,” Sergei whispered. My book, A Rose for Sergei, is the true story of our time together.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Virginia Authors Book Sampler | A Rose for Sergei






















My copy of the Virginia Authors Book Sampler finally arrived!  I’m beyond happy to be one of fourteen State of Virginia authors featured in the Summer 2016 issue.  You would think I might be used to seeing my name in print.  It’s on my book…front, side and back cover.  But it’s still new to me, and I do a double-take when I see my name on something so public.

The first chapters of each featured book and author bios are spread over a few pages in this magazine.  These writing samples give readers a glimpse of some very interesting and entertaining stories.  Information concerning where to purchase featured books is also included.

The book sampler, a Rook Communications Publication, was created by Victor Rook.  Mr. Rook is an Author, Filmmaker, Photographer, Web Designer and an Editor/Publisher.  He also happens to be the kind of person who gives 100% back to the writing community.

So yes, that’s my name on the cover.  Column one.  Fourth name down.  I thank you, Mr. Rook, for this opportunity to showcase my book, A Rose for Sergei.

* * *

Thank you “Nurmi” for the heartfelt review on Amazon and for contacting me!!

“Five Star” Review for A Rose for Sergei:

“This was such a beautiful love story!  When others wrote there was laughter and tears, I had to find out.  All the nuances from the 70s rang a bell with me as well.  I'm very glad Miss Kidd decided to write this book.  No plans to look behind my shower curtain though.”
—Nurmi Hendrikson



3 comments:

  1. You're welcome, and so glad to feature and read your story Kolleen. Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow sooooo exciting! I'm so happy, Kolleen, that is amazing and so cool to have your name and book out there! Now more people shall read it! :) Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Your support means the world to me.

      Delete