Sergei Kourdakov, a former KGB agent and Soviet naval intelligence officer, defected from the USSR at the age of twenty. A year later we met at my Federal Government office in Washington DC. We were watched and followed. “Even you could be spy,” Sergei whispered. My book, A Rose for Sergei, is the true story of our time together.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Sergei Kourdakov | A Mysterious Life

Author Dane Cramer released a video on January 1, 2021 about some of the mystery that surrounds Sergei Kourdakov.

The YouTube video The Mysterious Life of Sergei Kourdakov release date also coincides with the 48th anniversary of Sergei Kourdakov’s death.  I hope readers will take a few minutes to check out Mr. Cramer’s video.  As always, his work is informative and professional!  It was a nice surprise that he included my book, A Rose for Sergei.

This past week the news has been filled with stories about Russian dissenter Alexi Navalny’s imprisonment upon his return to Russia, and how he wanted it known that he would not take his own life while in prison.  Mr. Navalny’s words chilled me.

Forty-eight years ago I had heard similar words from Sergei Kourdakov as he implored me to listen to him — Sergei was calmly seated beside me as he tried to make me understand what could happen to a Soviet defector.  I can still remember his somber face, the way he looked directly into my eyes as he spoke: “I would never take my own life.  I would never do that.  Do you understand why I am telling you this?”  I fully understood all too well what he was telling me.

I’ll be on the lookout for Mr. Cramer’s next video where he discusses Sergei Kourdakov’s death.

That is where the real mystery begins.

Sergei Kourdakov
ARoseforSergei.blogspot.com

Click Below for Video

The Mysterious Life of Sergei Kourdakov

 * * *

Click Below for Blog Version

(Includes all Russian Interviews)

Sergei Kourdakov and the Quest for Truth



No comments:

Post a Comment