Sergei Kourdakov, a former KGB agent and Soviet naval intelligence officer, defected from the USSR at the age of twenty. A year later we met at my Federal Government office in Washington DC. We were watched and followed. “Even you could be spy,” Sergei whispered. My book, A Rose for Sergei, is the true story of our time together.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sergei Kourdakov – An Improbable Romance


Summer Special!  A Rose for Sergei (ebook) is currently on sale for $0.99 on Amazon.us and discounted in other participating Amazon markets.  This story chronicles my real life relationship with Sergei Kourdakov—a Soviet KGB defector who left a life he could no longer face, and gave up everything for freedom.  Take advantage of this special offer before the price goes back up.

Editorial Review from Owen R. O’Neill, Author of the Loralynn Kennakris Series

“Moving and trenchant, this memoir about a most unexpected encounter that led to an improbable romance at the height of the Cold War is both heartrending and heartwarming.  Told in a straightforward and unflinching style, Ms. Kidd chronicles her relationship with Soviet defector Sergei Kourdakov in prose that is immediate, unaffected, and poignant.  It is a captivating story that imagination could not invent, but two hearts did.  Highly recommended.”






2 comments:

  1. What a nice review! I passed the book on to two friends, I'll let you know what they thought when I get it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily you’re right, it is a really nice review!! Mr. O’Neil is a physicist, a writer, and an amateur historian. I’m honored that he read my book and took the time to write this editorial review. Thank you for passing my book to your friends, I’d love to hear what they think and/or answer any questions.

    ReplyDelete